Thursday, January 8, 2009

Fun Day

David and I went to the gym tonight. I decided I wanted to brave a class and did Pilates. I was nervous, but excited. I've heard really good things about it, so thought I'd give it a shot. This particular instructor did everything really slow - really focused on the muscles. It felt really good - I know I'm going to be sore in the morning, but I think I'm getting back into the race! I can tone and relax at the same time! Next week, I'm going to add 30 min of cardio beforehand to get an all around good workout!

And.... my family's family reunion is being held this summer. The last reunion was the summer we got married, so obviously we didn't make it. It's in California - hotel is expensive, flights are insane. So, we decided to drive! We're leaving June 22 (Monday), driving out - getting there on Wednesday. Family reunion is the 22-28, but the "big stuff" is the weekend. Then, we'll leave the 29th and drive home. There is so much to do - hiking cliffs by the ocean, wineries, horseback riding on the beach...... OMG, I am SO excited! We're gonna start saving today so that we have lots of fun money! We're really hoping that we can announce we're pregnant at the family reunion. If not, that's okay. We're still able to see family, 90% of them David hasn't met, and have an awesome time. (The winery won't be much fun if I'm knocked up!)

David got an MP3 player tonight. I get to get one next week. So, when we go to the gym and nothing's on TV, we have something to listen to. He's up adding songs already. I can't wait to get mine!!!!

So, even though it was a LONG day at work, my night was awesome. I really liked the pilates class - I feel like a totally different person now - and I'm so excited about California! That's all for now... more to come soon, I'm sure!

3 comments:

Harold said...

CA sounds like so much fun - especially the beach :) What a great thing to work toward!

BeccaSue said...

my Ipod is my LIFESAVER! Love it!! P.S. my body fat is down 6%!!

Jessi said...

Oh that will be fun!!! Did you decide to follow the Dave Ramsey stuff? We have and it is fab! Makes us aware of what we are blowing money on.