Sunday, January 25, 2009

New hair and new current pic!

I am a very high maintenance girl! I LOVE getting my hair done. That is the one thing I ask David to keep, even when we cut our budget. A few weeks ago, I actually offered to stop getting my hair colored. Well, I asked if I could go once more to have her dye it to my natural color so it wouldn't look like shit growing out, but then I'd give it up for a year or two. David actually told me no! He said this was the one thing that I did for me and he didn't want me to lose it (he has hunting in the winter and golf in the summer, so he seems it's only fair!).

So, I went in on Thursday with my mid-winter boredom blues! I gave Jess free reign. I've been seeing her for 5 years and have never been unhappy. She is wonderful. She works at Blonde Salon in Omaha (they don't have a website or I'd link it). I went from my regular slightly lighter than natural brown with blonde streaks and slightly longer than shoulder blade length to:



Not the best pics in the world, but basically, she did an all over auburn that actually produced different shades (from where my hair had been highlighted before) and "peekaboo" highlights of darker blonde. We also cut it and wedged it a little - the front sits just below my shoulders and the back sits just above my shoulders. I really like it! Since my hair is naturally curly, I'll straighten it most days which is fine as long as I shower at night so it dries by morning! I may wear it curly some days, but I think it might "shrink" too much and not look cute.

Now, for the rest of the title: new current pic....
David and I had pictures taken today - should be back in 2 weeks. I wanted to get a new top so that I'd have something that fits. We had a few minutes, so I decided to try on a pair of jeans.


I ended up buying a pair of ---

ready??? ----

size 12 jeans!!!!! I have never, ever, ever worn a 12! I can button and zip and wear them comfortably! One of the cuts was slightly tighter, but these are the "easy fit" from Walmart and they fit awesome! Since that picture isn't the best, I'm calling this one my "current" pic:


I'm making Meatloaf Muffins tonight, so be prepared for a new recipe (hopefully). I'm planning on making Taco Soup tomorrow night, which makes tons of servings, so that will be a nice one to freeze and have on cold days! Can't wait to try them both!

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Hooray on the size 12!!! :) It's been a long long time since I've seen a pair of those. :)

Harold said...

Meatloaf muffins sound good... and taco soup, yum!

Congrats on the size 12, that is awesome. you look a-mazing!

Jessi said...

You look FABULOUS! Your hair looks awesome! My girl did the peak-a-boo highlights too. That way I can go longer!!! You are looking so skinny too!!! 12 -- I too haven't had that in a long time!! Keep it up! Ive been so busy I havent been shredding this past week.. ugh.

Sarah Louise said...

Cute hair! You look great. Congratulations on the size 12!!!

WantWait&Pray said...

WOW!!!!! In the short time I have known you, you have just continued to get more and more fabulous! You look FANTASTIC! Great hair, great jeans, great smile! You look awesome.....I am in awe of your dedication!

Marcie said...

You are looking AWESOME! And I LOVE your new hair cut! =)

K said...

YAY for you!!! Size 12 is awesome- and a new cute hairstyle too!? You must feel fabulous!

Hazel said...

You look wonderful! Yay for size 12's! I love your new hair cut too!