I know you've all heard this phrase. Well, I'm really hoping that our personal "April Showers" will be bringing some awesome flowers soon! This week has been tough, but it's also had some ups. There are days where I just wonder what we've done to piss God off. But, then something good happens, or somebody says something, or I get emails! I know that other people have things worse, but it's been an emotional week for me.
So, a rundown of the week....
Sunday and Monday - spent the day with David's family. I love David to death, and his family is great - individually and in small doses. But all rolled up into one? And at my house (and in some small ass town in Iowa)? Yeah, not so much. Lots of wine was had by Amanda!
Tuesday and Wednesday - packed up my classroom for the summer. I don't know why this always makes me more sad than the day the kids leave. Seriously - I get emotional packing up my room! I think it's the consistency and routine. And the bare walls. I hate bare walls.
Thursday - got my room ready for summer school! I'm at a different building so I had a few things to do. Am I ready? No. I'll go early Monday morning. I'm excited, but at the same time, I just want to be done. The money is nice though!
Friday - got bad news all around the board.... David decided to pull a tooth that needed a root canal. We can't really afford it right now (for several reasons), and he's in so much pain. So he made the decision to pull it. We also finally got the results back from the nuclear test they did on his gall bladder a week ago. It's dying and he needs to have surgery. He goes to see the surgeon on the 10th, but now he can't do his summer classes. So, his graduation is pushed back to December 2010.
I'm glad David will be getting healthy. He'll have a little time off work and then he can get back on track. It also means we have to keep holding out on a baby. We're not sure if we're going to wait until David is completely out of school, or until late fall, after he is recovered and things slow down a little.
I know that we will be great parents when it's time. I just hate that people who can barely afford to raise the ones they have keep getting pregnant. And then pregnant. And then pregnant.
So, the goods for the week!
We're keeping up on the 5K training. We went to the track together Monday night and Friday morning. I went by myself on Wednesday. Monday and Wednesday I made it 2 miles in 30 minutes - jogging half and walking half. Friday, I made it 2 1/2 miles in 40 minutes! The best part.... there were some army guys doing some kind of training. 3 guys were running. When they started, I was about 1/3 of the way around the track from them. 2 of the guys easily passed me. When I rounded the corner, I looked back at the 3rd guy... He was jogging slowly, but going. I don't know how far they had to run, but I know they were being timed by the "guys" on the bench. I keep doing my thing - walk, jog, walk, jog... The 2nd guys passed me a couple times. The 3rd guy? He NEVER passed me! I never passed him either, but I did notice that he was walking some.
Now, granted, he could be recovering from something, or just having an off day. But it felt great that someone in the MILITARY never passed me as I did my "thing" on the track!
I also got my hair done. It was my anniversary present to myself. I haven't been in 3 months and it felt great! I got it lightened up but I decided to grow it out a little. We're going to do pictures this weekend, so I'll be sure to get one of my hair!
I had to have my eyes checked. I haven't been since October 2007. Oops! That's what happens when I don't wear my contacts every day so they last longer. My prescription didn't change! So, I have contacts ordered and they gave me a sample pair because I begged.
So, it was a good and bad week. I was pretty emotional all week, but things are improving. I know things will get better for us. We work our asses off and deserve to have a break! It will come.... It will come.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment