Thursday, May 21, 2009

Weekly Check-In

Last night was weigh in! I really watched my points this week because I wanted to win the Biggest Loser competition at work. I lost 2.8 lbs this week!!! Leah was proud of me, but now I'm .6 under the maintenance "window." So, over the next 4 weeks, I need to gain a little. Gain weight? Really? How? I'll figure it out. At least I won't have to watch myself quite as much over Memorial Day Weekend and our anniversary!

So, Biggest Loser at work.... I have lost 23 lbs since the 2nd week in January - 11.05%!!! Was it good enough? Not quite! I got 2nd place. The person who won lost 25 lbs, 12.56%. 3rd place was 10.5%. Everybody else was right around 4%, and a few 1%.

The biggest frustration about the day? Having to DEFEND my weight loss to my coworkers. The other day, I had a coworker tell me it wasn't "fair" that I was still in the competition because I got sick. She didn't understand that I actually gained while I was in the hospital - being chalked full of fluids and greasy hospital food. I made her realize this, and she dropped it.

Today, that coworker and a couple others and I were talking. They asked me about WW - how it works, etc... I was talking to them about it, and coworker #3 says "Well, you haven't lost ALL your weight with WW." WHAT?????? She says, "Well, when you were sick this summer you lost a ton of weight." Yeah, and then I didn't lose for the next 2 months because my body was catching up. I had to defend myself and my weight loss to this teacher. I was SO upset. I think she finally got the point when I got an attitude with her. I wanted to say "You can't say anything to me when YOU have gained at least 20 lbs back from your weight loss."

Nobody has the right to tell me about my weight loss. I know I get defensive about it. I've worked my ass off for my 25% weight loss! I know I need to "gain" a little for a few weeks, but then I can lose it again. I like that number. And I'm NOT gaining the weight back until I'm pregnant.

I'm not letting these people upset me, or make me feel like my weight loss isn't as "good" as their's just because I was sick. And I'm sure as hell not going to turn into them and gain it back! Their comments kind of ruined my high from getting 2nd place. But, I did it! And I'm proud of what I did.

Any thoughts on how to gain .6 in 4 weeks? :-P

2 comments:

Harold said...

Those ladies are just jealous ;)

be proud of yourself!

Marcie said...

Bitches! Sorry for the naughtiness but that's just plain mean. I don't understand why women are so mean to each other! You have a right to be proud and shouldn't have to defend a damn thing about your SUCCESS! There. Off my soap box.

Enjoy your long weekend and enjoy a fattening hot dog or something. ; )