Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New Progress Pic

This morning I put on a shirt that I got 4 years ago. My mom and I went to see Brad Paisley in KC and I got a shirt thinking it would fit. It was a baby-doll style, with the really short sleeves. I bought it in XL, thinking that's what I wear - it will fit. Right?

Well, it didn't. I think that was one of the first times I realized that I was heavier than I thought. But, I wasn't at the point in my life where I wanted to do anything about it. I hung onto the shirt, thinking if nothing else, it would become a good dust rag someday.

About 6 months ago, I tried the shirt on. It was a little snug, but it fit nice. The sleeves were a little tight, and my stomach looked "okay."

Today??



It is super comfortable! This is now my new favorite shirt! :-) And don't mind my look - early morning, just out of shower... not ready for another day!

I had weigh in today. I gained 3.8 lbs. I knew I was going to go up - 2 bottles of wine by myself over the weekend... Every day, I used all my daily points. I also used all my weekly points and about 1/2 my activity points. I didn't earn as many as I usually do (12 instead of 15-20). On a normal week, I use all my daily points (a few days, I will short myself a couple, but not many), and maybe 5-10 weekly points. I never dip into my activity points. So, now I've learned - the point of maintenance - where my limit is! All daily, some weekly, and I need to earn 15-20 activity points!

I'm okay with this gain. I didn't think I'd ever say that. But, I am! WW has taught me how to live the lifestyle - I can have wine and 2 BBQs in one weekend. Next time, I'll work out more or listen to my body a little better! There is always a next time!

This weekend is our anniversary. I can't believe that we've been married for 2 years! Be prepared for a sappy post sometime next week. I love David more each day, and I never thought I could love him more than I did the day I married him. But I do. Yeah, we have our ups and downs. But our love is strong and we can survive it all together.

1 comment:

K said...

Girl you look A-MA-ZING! Look at your waist! Good job! And even more importantly, it sounds like you've learned a balanced attitude toward food and dieting. That's so great!