Monday, May 18, 2009

A new adventure!

Tonight, David and I went to KFC to try the grilled chicken. Then, we went to the track.

The chicken was good - the "free" coupons we got from the Oprah website? Yeah... now they are making you get a rain check. But, they are sending us the rain checks because corporate didn't "realize" how popular it would be! Seriously? You offer a FREE meal and expect it to be anything besides a mad house? But, we still got the dinners. We had a grilled breast (4 points) and a wing (2 points). I had green beans and a salad. I decided to eat the biscuit because, you know what? I wanted it! And I wasn't overly stuffed after eating. The chicken was good. We definitely won't be going every week, but if we ever want chicken, that's where we'll go!

We went to the practice field of one of the high schools that is open to the public. They have the track resurfaced with the "squishy" tread. So, we wanted to go for a 5K, or at least try for it. It wasn't hot, but it was pretty warm... David went on Saturday and had walked a lap, then run a lap..... So, tonight, I decided to try to jog. I walked a lap to warm up, and then, guess what??? I actually jogged! An entire lap! I did it! Then I walked one more, jogged one more, and walked... I started my 3rd jog (6th lap), when I caught up to David. He hasn't been feeling well, and had been walking and just jogging when he felt right. I stopped jogging when I caught up to him and convinced him we need to leave... He looked like crap and was complaining about his abdomen. (More on that in a second) So, for the first time since before my July surgery, I'm jogging again! No, I'm not going to do it alot, and I probably won't even run an entire 5K, but I can jog a little, and that's what matters. I felt great! I'll see how my knee feels in the morning, but right now, I feel great!

So, back to David... Remember when I told you he learned his lesson about greasy food? Well, his stomach has really been bothering him since then. Everytime he eats, he feels bloated and usually ends up in the bathroom within 30 minutes. He's not digesting food properly and is having trouble staying hydrated. He went to see his dr today, who ordered an ultra sound. David had breakfast, so they wouldn't do the u/s anytime today. It's scheduled for 7:00 tomorrow morning. If that doesn't show any gall stones, they are going to do a nuclear test and see if his gall bladder is even working at all. Chances are, he'll be having his gall bladder removed sometime this week. He starts class on June 1st, and we're supposed to go out for our anniversary May 30-31. He says he'll be okay to go regardless, but I'm worried about him. It takes alot for him to say something is wrong. So, we'll see tomorrow what happens. Keep him in your prayers please!

5 comments:

dmr1327 said...

I will make it. I love you. I love that you are worried about me. You are my best friend and soul mate, and if I reach the pearly gates first I'll sit down and tell St. Peter he'll just have to wait.

dmr1327 said...

I love you so much. I love that you are worried about me. You are my best friend and soul mate. If I reach the pearly gates first I will sit down and tell St. Peter he'll just have to wait. I love you!

Amy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. My fiance had the same thing happen to him. He didn't have gall stones but his gallbladder wasn't performing well at all. They removed it , and it's been two weeks. He is doing MUCH better. I hope everything turns out ok for you!

K said...

Oh no, I hope David feels better soon. That's scary when someone you love might need surgery! Be thinking of you guys!

Marcie said...

I'll stay tuned to hear how things are with David. I hope everything works out.

We tried the grilled chicken at KFC and were actually impressed. Very yummy! We're waiting on our rainchecks, too! lol...