If you are a Weight Watcher, you have heard of the Momentum Walk It Challenge. David and I have been talking and decided to join it. Well, I just got done registering us for our first 5K! As far as training, I know that I can walk a 5K, and David is building up to running. We are going to start walking more together this summer to keep preparing. If you are local, and want to join us, just let me know! We don't really have a set schedule right now other than no weekends (at least if he's going to walk), but I can go with you without him! :-)
Fast Forward's Race for MS is August 15th here in Omaha. We are so excited! The website says that registration isn't open yet, but it is. Super simple! Because we committed, we get 3 free issues of the WW magazine. After we complete the 5K, we get walking charms for our key chains.
We also registered for the Corporate Run 10K in September with my school district. David wants to try to run it - I'm walking. This one is for the Lung Association. Once we're in the system, I'll let you know. If you can help us out, and pledge even a dollar or two, I would greatly appreciate it!
Next, we are doing the Race for the Cure 5K in October. I haven't started a team yet, but plan to in a couple weeks. If you want to join the team, or could donate, that would be great also!
The funny thing is... 2 years ago, neither of us would have even THOUGHT about doing these races! Weight Watchers has taught us so much, and it's our way of giving back to the community. All 3 of these races are for great causes, and I feel honored to participate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Way to go on all of the "for a cause" walks! That's awesome! =)
Post a Comment