Thursday, May 14, 2009

"It's okay to cheat."

Yeah, somebody said that to me today. I'll get to that in a minute....

My workouts this week have been great! I haven't been to the gym much because of time, but I did the Biggest Loser videos a lot and met my exercise goal for another week.

I wanted to go to the gym Wednesday morning but slept in. I woke up with a decent headache and sore neck. So I took the BL Yoga DVD to work and did it with a coworker after school! I've been working out a little with a couple other teachers and this one was good. We were both dripping and felt great! But, don't be misled: Yoga - especially weight loss yoga - is tough! Bob works you so hard! You will be amazed!

Last night was my first weigh-in of maintenance. I gained .2. My leader said that was awesome! She said alot of people either continue to lose their usual 1-2 lbs or GAIN 1-2 lbs the first week. She was proud of me! She said to do the exact same thing - maybe not quite as many weekly points, but other than that I'm set!

I went to tutor afterwards. When I got done, David had texted me. He wanted to go to dinner with friends. At Noodles & Company. Really? Can we be any less healthy? I also found out the dogs had not been out much throughout the day, and David hadn't been to the store yet. I'm thinking: there is so much I need to do! I don't have time for this. But, I decided to go. I got there before everybody else, so I looked at the Nutritional Values and used my slider to calculate points. I decided to get a small buttered noodles (6) with sauteed shrimp (1) and lots of veggies (0). I also got a small salad with fat-free dressing (0). Dinner was great! They offered to go to Dairy Queen, and I knew I could get a small chocolate cone for 5 points.

Well, I got home after enjoying dinner and found out: the noodles were 11. Yeah, that's right. WW has Noodles & Company in their tracker, and it was 11. Even for the small one. And the dressing was 1. Yeah, not bad, but still... I was so frustrated! I took it out on David - he knows I can't go to a restaurant without knowing my healthy choices and noodles are NOT healthy. AND he knew that WW had Noodles & Company points but didn't bother to share that with me until AFTER I ordered and ate. He never did tell me my points for the noodles. It's not fair that I took it out on him.... Yeah, he had more data than I did, but it's not fair. I was just tired and stressed.

So, today... I'm talking to a coworker about the spaghetti. I told her how frustrated I was last night and she says "You know it's okay to cheat! You don't ALWAYS have to eat healthy." I looked at her and said: You're right, I can choose less healthy foods. But, that dinner wasn't worth the calories it cost me. It's not cheating to choose a less-healthy alternative, but I can be upset with it when I wasn't expecting to do something so high in calories! This is also the girl who works out 4-5 times a week but eats junk 9/10 meals. Then she complains that she can't lose weight. Um, duh? She's watched me lose 62 lbs - she knows that what I've done works. That I've had my wine, Chinese, and Italian. I've had my chocolate, emotional eating days, and turned down treats that aren't worth the calories. But, yet, she makes the most assanine statement she could possibly have made! UH! I was so frustrated.

I get home... David had started the kitchen but not made dinner for me to reheat. He forgot he had to work and left the kitchen mid-cleaned. I still don't have clean counters (grumble) to cook on. So, I'm chilling a bottle of wine and planning on eating a lean pocket for dinner. It's about all that's in the house.

I know everybody is allowed to have a bad day here and there... I'm tired, crabby, and hungry. But am I hungry because I'm hungry? Or because I'm emotional?? I'm having trouble figuring that out! Maybe the wine will help me figure it out? I did work out this morning, so I don't have to try to do that tonight on top of my mood. I will probably work out in the morning again because I have to tutor after school. Then, David is taking me to dinner. I know I will be more prepared this time!

1 comment:

Harold said...

I might take you up on Race for the Cure. we want to do the Zoo Run and I think that is on Oct 4 too, but I will double check.

enjoy dinner out tomorrow! hope it goes well :)