Today, David and I went to see my GP, who has been my doctor since moving to Nebraska in 1996. She knows my family history (probably better than me!) and is upfront and honest. I had to see a student just to see her - she didn't have any appointments until next week. But, she's "staffing," so the students consult with her and then she'll see the patient if necessary. Of course, she had to see me!
Basically we decided:
* I'm not eating enough fiber. Why? Because my stomach hurts.
* My stomach hurts when I eat because the acid is eating my stomach. I'm not eating enough food, because I CAN'T, but that is hurting me!
So, we're doing this:
* Zantac 2 times a day to help the acid
* Fiber powder 1 time a day
* Continue the Miralax 1 time a day (opposite the fiber)
BUT, here's how this is different: If I am not feeling better in 2 days, she will squeeze me in on Friday. She thought about doing another x-ray to see if the "poop block" has gotten out at all or if it's still there. But, she is guessing that, if it's not gone, the fiber/laxative/zantac will help get rid of it. And, even if I'm feeling better, if I'm not pooping regularly again in a week she wants to see me. Wow, you mean, you're going to solve the problem, not just mask it??? Wow!
So, she diagnosed me with gastrointeritis and constipation. My stomach lining is getting inflamed because of the acid in my stomach. If I can get my stomach calmed down, I can eat enough fiber and get myself regular again. She said that IBS is more or less an everything-else-ruled-out disease, and since I didn't have signs of Celiac's at my colonoscopy in August, I probably don't have that. She said I could, in theory have IBS, but if we can get it under control now, I should be fine. Fingers Crossed!
Oh, and she complimented me on my weight loss! I'm back down to where I was right before I got sick. She was very proud of me and said I looked awesome. She asked me how many inches I lost and was even more impressed that I've gone from an 18W to a 12! I told her that my personal goal is to get 5 lbs below where she wants me. That way, I do have a little room for mistakes/body fluxuations and to find the sustainable weight for my body! She agreed and said she can't wait to see me in a few months when I go in for my med check.
Not that this is getting too long or anything, but... David and I joined a new gym today. I absolutely love Prairie Life and I already miss it. But, Anytime Fitness is right down the street from us and has 24 hr access. The gym is clean, has 2 private showers and 2 private bathrooms. They do offer personal training - limited hours, but they are there. And, we are saving $40 a month! I'm going to build my video collection and set up a schedule. I want to start the C25K again as soon as I feel my body is ready and I will complete it this time! David and I are thinking about finding a 1/2 marathon that we can complete together. Any ideas of a good 1/2 marathon in the Midwest for beginners?
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment