I went to bed last night thinking I'd get to sleep in, do a little laundry, go shopping, and just relax. Yeah, right.
I woke up at 9:00 and noticed I missed a text message. David's partner had texted me to call him - that David got sick at work. I guess he woke up about 2:00 with major abdominal pain. About 3:00 he went up to the ER because he was puking and other stuff... The doctor ordered an Xray because his pain was a little higher than he thought it should be for the flu - he was thinking gull bladder or possible bowel obstruction. Luckily between that a bunch of blood work, he decided it's "just" the flu.
2 of his coworkers had this this week - and slept in the bed he slept in for the last 2 nights. They, of course, decided not to disinfect or wipe anything down. The sheets were changed, but that's it. David was just lucky enough to catch this while he was at work. The doctor thinks that, because he's still dealing with the bronchitis, his immune system was low so it hit him harder than the other 2 guys.
He obviously wasn't up to working his shift or driving home. So, my dad and I drove out there to get him and his car. He ended up with tons of pain meds, anti-nausea, and 3 bags of fluid. We stopped at the grocery store to get lots of fluids, popsicles, and chicken broth. I also got him TheraFlu, Immodium, and a 'script for Reglan from Walgreens. Now he's passed out on the couch under 2 comforters and 2 blankets. I'm trying to stay away from him so I don't get it, but I figure I probably will... fingers crossed not until the end of the week!
I was supposed to go shopping today for clothes. I had a coupon from New York & Company that expires today. The friend that was going to go had to bail, and I didn't want to leave David. So I shopped online. I spent a little more than I had planned but I got 2 pants and 2 tops. I'm excited to get my clothes in a week. Then I'll have a "fashion show" for you!
And my last randomness for the day... When I was at the grocery store getting popsicles, I noticed Weight Watchers has new ice cream things! Fruit popsicle with vanilla ice cream - I LOVE those things, and now they are healthy! Oh, and you know how Snicker's has their ice cream bars? Well, Weight Watchers has their own! They are 3 points, which is a little higher than I usually like to go for sweets, but they will be so worth it!
And then, I decided to get Frosty Paws. Have you seen these? They are dog-safe ice cream treats! They come in individual cups and I've heard good things about them. My sister and brother in law give their dogs these yummy treats about once a week. In fact, Shammy can open her own cup if you start it just a little bit! I thought today would be a good day to try these - instant entertainment for the dogs. They LOVED them. I got the original flavor. Max immediately took his outside, and Allie tried to enjoy her's in the recliner. I vetoed that. Toby eventually ate his laying on David's feet (David finally warmed up a little!). They were gone in less than 30 minutes and I had happy puppies with dirty faces! I think these are going to be a common entertainment/treat around our house! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
They didn't disinfect the bed? Jeez! I hope he feels better soon! That is so scary.
I'm looking forward to seeing your new clothes!
Post a Comment