Saturday, March 21, 2009

Getting back to it...

David and I made the decision last month to cancel our gym membership with Prairie Life. I absolutely love the gym, the classes, the pool, the people.... everything! But, it's a 30 min drive from us and it's expensive. So, we decided to join Anytime Fitness. There is one about 5 minutes from our house and David loves that he can go ANYTIME he wants. You get a key faub that will get you in 24 hours a day. It isn't staffed very often - 6-8 hours a day - and there are no classes. It's nothing special, but it has equipment that we don't have at home. And it's $40 cheaper than Prairie Life! David said I can get some more work out videos so that I get my "classes" in. I already have 2 of Leslie Sansone's walking, a Pilates/Yoga video, and a Wedding Workout. But, I want to get a Tae Bo and maybe another Walking Video. I'm hoping to get my knee strong enough that I can do the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels. I'm also going to get some hand weights to work on muscles when I'm doing arm moves with the walking video.

So, I haven't worked out since before I got sick. #1 - no time. #2 - I got sick and had surgery. No way that was going to happen! So, I went tonight for the first time. I grabbed one of the emergency "necklaces" just in case. You push the button and 911 gets called. I was the only one there, so it was peace of mind for me.... I made it 10 minutes on the Elliptical! Granted, it was only at 3.7, when I used to go 30 min at 5.1 or higher. It felt good to get back to it. I'm planning on doing 10 min every other day for a week to 10 days. Then, I'll up it to 15-20 min, and so on...

I also want to start the Couch to 5K program again. I had started it before I got sick in July and never started again. I'm hoping the elliptical and some treadmill will build my knees up to complete it. I also need to get new shoes, but the ones I have are doing the job until my birthday (I hope).

It kills me that I'm back to being where I was when I first started working out. But, I know that I have to listen to my body if I want to get healthy again!! I have just under 10 lbs to go before I'm at my goal. I'd love to be fit enough to wear a size 10 and be toned. I'll get there. It will just take time!

That's about it for this post... I bought a bottle of wine today and I'm gonna go get a new outfit tomorrow - or a couple tops for work, depending on what I find! I just need clothes that fit! Everything is too big, or if it fits, it's wintery. I can't wear sweaters when it's 70 degrees outside!

No comments: