My friend Summer invited lots of her friends to help her in a mission: either walk with her or donate to March of Dimes. The walk is 3 miles long on April 26. 33 days. I can be healthy and walking 3 miles easy by then! :-)
Money is tight (as it is for alot of people right now), so I told Summer that I would walk with her! If you could help this wonderful organization out, please go to my page and donate. Every dollar counts to help these babies.
When Summer asked me to help, I thought about several children that I have cared for that were born premature. I took care of Haley when I worked at a daycare during college. She was born at 21 weeks. She is now in 1st grade and doing well! I actually saw her mom at UNO last semester and she has a sister now, who was born at 31 weeks. I also took care of Julia and Claire, 23 week twins. They were both healthy, slightly delayed (of course), but loving girls who were growing and so smart!
I am so happy that I can be a part of this! Now that I've entered a healthy chapter of my life, I can help people of all ages by walking for their cause. Please join me by donating or walking in your local area (or join our team!).
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I, too, am walking in the March of Dimes walk. It's April 26 here in Lincoln. Yaaaaa, I'll be 30 weeks pregnant by then! lol...I made my friend promise me she'll walk slow! hahaha I've been walking about 3 miles every day...but not at once so it could be interesting.
Post a Comment