Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday Update

It's been a long week....

Sunday - went to ER for pain. Gave me drugs, did CT and blood work - nothing new.
Monday - went to surgeon. "Everything looks good. Give it 2 days and go see OB."
Tuesday - ended up in ER again at night. Full of shit!
Wednesday - went to OB. Told me to take Magnesium Citrate, which the ER had said. Did a bottle of that last night, all it's doing is shooting brown water out my ass. He said if I wasn't feeling better tomorrow, he would send me to a GI specialist.
Thursday - feel human, but still not shitting. Took another bottle of Magnesium Citrate (grape flavor this time - it tasted better than the Lemon, but it was a little more bitter). Called OB for GI referral.
Today - I have an appt to see the GI on Monday. OB is letting me go back to work on Tuesday! He said he is going to put a note about seeing the specialist, but that I can go back with "lifting as tolerated."

How do I feel about this? I am excited to go back. I miss my kids. And I'm almost out of days. I just hope my ass will cooperate! Right now, I have to stay relatively close to a bathroom due to the water-shooting issue, and it's kind of hard to say "Hold on kids! Mrs. Reynolds has to shit!" And I'm not looking forward to dealing with the politics. But, I'm there for the kids, not to make friends and make stupid people happy. I wish what happened didn't happen, but it's not my fault I got sick and everybody involved needs to understand that!

Oh, and according to the OB's scale on Wednesday, I'm back down to where I was before I got sick (well, 2 lbs higher than the WW scale, but that could just be the scales)! YAY!!!!! I'll hopefully go to weigh in on Wednesday and see where I'm at officially!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

K said...

I guess it's good that you are going to start to be "normal" again... I hope the specialist has nothing but good news for you!