Tuesday, March 24, 2009

OMG! I cooked!

Before I got sick, David and I were cooking. Every. Single. Night. Or at least eating healthy left overs. Not so much while I was sick - he gave into my cravings (which is probably why I gained weight while I was sick). And then, while I was dealing with my tummy's "I hate food" stage, I was eating crackers, Sprite 0, and MAYBE jello (but that was usually too sweet). So, I amazingly lost the 12 lbs gained during my "Eat everything in sight and what looks good on TV" stage.

Last week, I made my Taco Soup. Sunday, I made the Crunchy Chicken Bake. (David asked me last night if I had ever made that. He was so out of it he didn't even remember me eating at all that night.) Tonight, I told David that I was going to make a nice dinner - sit down at the table, and enjoy ourselves dinner. Holy Cow! I made Meatloaf with Barley. David loves meatloaf, and for him to say "I don't remember you making this" made me sad. But, it has been quite some time since I've cooked anything. I gave him the choice between pasta or meatloaf. He picked meatloaf and got: meatloaf, baked sweet potatoes (with a little Splenda and Cinnamon on top), steamed veggies (seriously love Bird's Eye bags!), and a glass of wine from Loess Hills. I got the Loess Hills Blanc on Saturday from a local deli/wine shop.

He was pleasantly surprised, and so was I! It was so nice to sit down and enjoy dinner together. I also bought stuff for Strawberry Shortcake. Not sure if I'm gonna eat it tonight or not - I'm pretty full and my tummy is kind of arguing with me about eating more than 1/4 of what I "used to" eat. That's right. I'm still taking Zantac 3x a day and pray whenever I eat something in between meals.

Oh, and I went to the gym tonight. It went a little better than Saturday. I still only went 10 minutes on the Elliptical, but I went faster (averaged 3.9). It's still frustrating thinking about where I was, but I know I have to listen to my body so that I don't hurt myself!

That was the excitement of the evening. Well, and Max and Sam getting baths - they rolled in something and SMELLED. Of course these are the 2 that hate baths the most and I still have scratches on my arms an hour later. But, they are happy now. In fact, Max is sitting at my arm trying to help me type!

I plan on going to weigh-in tomorrow. I'm hoping I'm down at least a little bit. If nothing else, I haven't been eating much the last couple weeks. And I've been trying to make healthy-ish choices. But, I know I'm not getting enough fruits and veggies, so my goal next week is to get back into it! I miss my veggies and fruits. Now it's spring and more stuff is coming back into season! YAY!

No comments: