Okay, so this weekend, David had his employee appreciation party. He was working, but as long as they had their pagers and radios, the guys could come to the party. He asked me to come down and I'm so glad I did! David ended up getting hypnotized - the guy said he could wake him up quick and he'd be fine to respond on a call if he had to - and then his coworkers took me out after the party for drinks! I stayed at his partner's house - he lives in the town but since he was working, I felt comfortable sleeping on the couch.
Sunday morning, we drove home and spent the day at the MAC. David's summer passion is racing. He does "solo racing" where only 1 car is on the "track" at a time. The track is a bunch of orange cones. And they have to wear helmets. It's pretty safe - one car did something funky and ended up going over a curb and screwed up his tires, but that's the first accident in years. David has a set of race tires and his mom said he could use her car this season. Here are two pictures from the first race:
My dad came out and watched for a little bit and so did David's mom and dad. We took our grill out there and had burgers. It was a little chilly but fun. Next race is the same day as the March of Dimes. It's in Lincoln, so I'll probably go there after the walk!
Then, the other highlight... my clothes from New York and Company came! I wore one outfit today:
I took this at the end of the night - I'm tired. But, you get the idea! These are size 12 slacks - I now own 2 pairs of slacks and 1 pair of jeans that fit. The tunic style of shirt makes me feel like I'm hiding fat - which, yes, is still there, but I felt bigger than I usually do in more form-fitting clothes. I got lots of compliments! This was taken at 54 lbs down (well, maybe more, but I don't weigh in until Wednesday).
So, it was a great weekend. It's going to be a long week. Next week is Spring Break and David and I have lots of plans! We are going to clean this house from top to bottom. The dogs are getting groomed, and I hope to visit at least one winery. (You know you aren't surprised!)
We are also going to get organized so that we can stop losing mail and figure out our budget better. We always get it on paper, but don't add in the extra stuff that has to be there - the fun money. So then we end up over spending because we "think" we have it. My goal is to be out of CC debt by this time next year. We can do it if we get our butts in gear and stop spending like money grows on the trees in the back yard! It will help that we aren't going to California. We are still taking our anniversary trip, and David wants to go to Kearney in August for a race. But, that's what fun money is for, right? Plus we'll have our monthly rewards that we earn and any big milestone ones as well. :-)
I've really been lacking energy lately. I'm drinking plenty of water and eating the right foods, but I still feel drained. I think I need to get back on a multivitamin - I got off while I was sick because I didn't want to take ANOTHER pill! Exercising seems to help also, but I'm not as enthusiastic about it as I used to be. I need to get my butt back in gear and make myself accountable (thank God for goals!). If you have any tips on energy let me know!
Nighty night!



2 comments:
Love the shirt! I have it too. :)
Congrats on clothes that FIT! lol... I always found that clothes that actually fit made me look 10 pounds thinner. =)
So you're doing the MOD walk in Lincoln, eh? I'll keep my eye out for you! I'll likely be waddling along by then, near the back. hahaha
BTW, thanks for still checking my blog. =)
Post a Comment